At home or on the go, Social Security is online
When you retire, if you become disabled, or if someone you depend on dies— we are there when you need us. With your personal and secure my Social Security account, you can access your information, benefits, and important services from just about anywhere. Having a personal my Social Security account allows you to:
• Compare future benefit estimates for different dates or ages when you may want to begin receiving benefits.
• Check the status of your benefits application or appeal.
• Review your earnings history.
• Request a replacement Social Security card (in most states).
If you already receive benefits, you can also:
• Get a benefit verification or proof of income letter.
• Set up or change your direct deposit.
• Change your address.
• Get a Social Security 1099 form (SSA-1099).
You can even use your personal my Social Security account to opt out of receiving certain notices by mail, including the annual cost-of-living adjustments notice and the income-related monthly adjustment amount notice. These notices are available in your Message Center when you sign into your account. We will email you when you have a new message, so you never miss an important update.
It’s easy to sign up for a my Social Security account. Please let your friends and family know that they can create their own my Social Security account today at www.ssa.gov/myaccount.