CLINTON — The Clinton City Council recently reappointed some of its city officials for another year.
During the May 3 city council meeting, commissioners voted to reappoint city attorney Steve Myers, city clerk Cheryl Van Valey, city treasurer Clint Lichtenwalter, and public works director Steve Lobb, each to a new one-year agreement.
Commissioner Ken Buchanan reminded residents citywide clean-up continues. Residents must pick up a voucher at city hall that will permit them to deliver one pickup truck bed-sized load to the landfill. Also, an electronics recycling event is scheduled for 9 a.m.-1 p.m. on Saturday, June 4 in the city parking lot on E. Washington Street, next to Sorrento’s.
The council also placed on file the following items for future action:
• Annual audit for FY22 by Floyd & Associates, CPAs for $33,500 and single audit at $4,300
• Annual audit of TIF funds for FY 22 by Floyd & Associates for $2,500
• Emergency Management Agency (EMA) agreement city portion $15,000
• Lease of municipal-owned real property/farmland to Brandon Houser
• Design engineering agreement for S. Madison Street and a section of E. Washington Street with Cummins Engineering Corp. for $78,088.04.