CLINTON — On January 10, Clinton Schools Superintendent Curt Nettles released new guidelines from the CDC and Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) for isolation and quarantine due to Covid-19.
Students who test positive for Covid-19 and have no symptoms:
• Isolate at home for five full days after a positive test
• Return to school on Day 6 and be masked appropriately
• If students can not wear a mask, they must isolate for 10 full days.
If students develop symptoms after a positive test, the five-day isolation starts over.
Students who test positive for Covid-19 and have had symptoms:
• Isolate for at least five days
• May return on Day 6 if fever-free for 24 hours without medications and other symptoms have improved. If symptoms are not improved, continue isolation until fever-free and other symptoms have improved
• If students can not wear a mask, isolate for 10 full days
Students in close contact with Covid-19 infection and is unvaccinated or partially vaccinated:
• Isolate for five days from last exposure. Test on Day 5 if possible.
• If students can not wear or mask (or doesn’t wear it appropriately), isolate for at least 7 days and have a negative test on Day 6 or 7 to return on Day 8 or isolate for 10 days and return on Day 11 without testing.
• If symptoms develop, students should isolate and return only after a negative test result.
• If the close contact is at school, students may be eligible for the district’s test to stay program and be tested on Days 3 and 5.
Students in close contact with a Covid infraction and are full vaccinated:
• No isolation is required. Test on Day 5, if possible
• If symptoms develop, isolate and return only after a negative test result.
Parents and guardians are asked to communicate with the school nurses regarding illness and Covid exposures. Special circumstances may leave students ineligible for the shortened isolation.
More information is available on the CDC website:www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/schools-chidcare/k-12-contact-tracting/about-quarantine.html