Local HCE Week activities
• Monday, October 8, 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m. at the University of Illinois Extension office, community project work day. Members will make wheel chair and walker bags for the nursing home. All who sew, assistants and guests are welcome.
• Tuesday, October 9, at 10 a.m. Members will make baskets of snacks to present to first responders throughout the county. Delivery dates will be planned. Bring multiple snack packages of various kinds to pack.
• Wednesday, October 10, at 10 a.m. Cards with Cindy $6 due by Friday, Oct. 5., 1 p.m., making a fall decoration, $2 due by October 5. Call (217) 935-5764 by 4:30 p.m. for availability.
• Thursday, October 11. An invitation for all members and guests to join the Lunch Bunch at Ted’s at 12:30 p.m. Call Lucretia Crawford at (217) 935-8676 by Tuesday, October 9 if interested in going.
• Friday, October 12. Will join Macon County for a day trip to Champaign. RSVPs were due by October 1. Call Beth Allhands at the Piatt office at (217) 762-2191 if space is available. Clinton car pool at 8 a.m. at the First Christian Church parking lot.
The mission of HCE is to enhance the lives of individuals and families through quality education programs and experiences and encourage responsible leadership and service to communities.