CLINTON — Dan Matthews was named the new president of the Clinton school board, despite being absent from Tuesday’s meeting. He was nominated by board member Ron Conner and unanimously approved by the other members. Rodney Rogers was named the board’s new vice president and Sondra Baker was named secretary.
In addition, Tammie Ennis was sworn in as a new board member, taking her oath of office from Superintendent Curt Nettles.
In other business:
• District Technology Coordinator Laura Molitoris demonstrated the district’s new website and app to board members. The site is now live and the free app is available for smart phones.
• Recognized the efforts of CJHS and CHS wrestlers for their accomplishments at the state level.
• Watched a presentation from 6th grade science teacher Haley Bevins about the students’ trip to the Challenger Learning Center at Heartland Community College in Normal.
• Approved the employment of Robert Switzer, CHS cafeteria; Molly Arseneau, CHS cheer coach; Zoe Savage, CHS M-Squad coach; and Carolyn Jameson as CHS business teacher.
• Accepted the resignations of Janet Leone, CHS cafeteria manager; Jennifer Campbell, CES teacher; Jim Rhoades, 7th grade boys’ basketball coach; and Shawn Crandell, CHS cheer coach.
• Accepted the retirement notices of Elaine Gibson and Sherry Chapman, effective June 30.