UPDATED: CJHS evacuated after bomb threat discovered

© 2018-Clinton Journal

CLINTON — A bomb threat written on the wall of a bathroom stall at Clinton Junior High School forced the evacuation of the building Monday afternoon shortly before classes dismissed for the day. 

Clinton Police Chief Ben Lowers said police searched and secured the building after which staff and students were allowed to re-enter for after school activities. School resumed as normal on Tuesday.

Nettles indicated officials have a "good idea" of what took place and who wrote the message, but would not comment further. 

This is the second bomb threat written on a bathroom wall at the junior high this school year. 

Superintendent Curt Nettles said school staff followed the same protocol Monday as they did earlier this year. 

There is nothing wrong with the protocol currently in place, Nettles said, but added the school may use a different dismissal procedure for students.

"We will try to be proactive to help prevent these situations in the future."

Students who want to take inappropriate actions will always find a way to do so, he added.

Video News
More In Local News