CLINTON — In light of recently released IDPH guidelines and to protect the health and wellbeing of patrons and staff, the Vespasian Warner Public Library District has returned to contactless curbside service until further notice.
Important services, such as check-out, notary, fax, copy/printing, grab ‘n go craft kits, and more will still be available using a convenient, curbside service. Current curbside hours are Monday-Thursday, 10 a.m.-7 p.m. and Friday-Saturday, 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Full details are available online at www.vwarner.org or by calling (217) 935-5174.
• Item Check-Out: Visit www.vwarner.org/curbside-order or call (217) 935-5174 to place an order for books, audiobooks, CDs, DVDs, Blu-Rays, magazines, and videogames. Patrons will receive a phone call from the library with pickup instructions when an order is ready. Patrons may request specific titles or provide general information to allow library staff to select items on their behalf. Interlibrary loan is available at this time. Children’s book bundles are also available by subject. Both outdoor book drops are open 24/7 for returns.
• Notary, Fax, Scan to Email, Copies, and Printing: Please call the library for full instructions. Masks are required. Notary and Scan to Email services are free. Printing/Copies fee is free for the first 10 black and white pages for library card holders. Additional copies are 10 cents/page for black and white and 50 cents/page for color. Fax fee is $1 per page.
• New Library Cards: Residents who live in the library district may apply for a library card at this time. Call the library for details.
Essential Need Services
• Computer and Workspace Use: One public access computer and one workspace table are available by appointment and reserved for essential work only. There is a limit of one hour per person, per day on the computer and two hours per family, per day in the workspace. Masks are required. A temperature check and health screen will be conducted before entry. Please call the library for an appointment.
Digital and Virtual Services
• Digital Library: Visit www.vwarner.org/eresources to gain access to the free, 24/7 digital library. Use Hoopla, Overdrive, or Libby to download e-books, audiobooks, movies, music, and more with the touch of a button. A library card is required for use.
• Book a Librarian & Connect with Tech: Looking for a book recommendation or an answer to a research question? Contact the library to Book a Librarian for a virtual appointment! Need help with the digital library or your e-reader? Call the library to make a virtual Connect with Tech appointment. Services are free.
• Parking Lot Wi-Fi Internet: The library’s outdoor Wi-Fi has been upgraded and is available 24/7 in the parking lot.
• Virtual Holiday Stocking Contest: Create or decorate a holiday stocking! Public voting will take place on the library’s Facebook page from Monday, December 7 through Saturday, December 12. Prizes will be awarded to the stocking with the highest total votes in three age categories and all entries will receive a gift. Rules: One entry per person. Stockings must fit in a 2’x2’ area. Decorations must be appropriate for all audiences. Send a photo of the stocking along with the entrant’s name, age, email address, and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3 p.m. on Saturday, December 5. All participants will be notified when prizes and participation gifts are ready for curbside pickup. Library employees, board members, and their family members may participate in the contest, but are not eligible to win the grand prize in any category.
• Letters to Santa: Not sure how to send a letter to Santa Claus? The library has a North Pole mailbox available for kids from one to 92 to drop off their letters and lists. Letters can be dropped off through curbside service, placed in an outdoor book drop, or mailed to the library between November 23 and December 12. Be sure to include a name and return address.
• 12 Days of Crafts: The 2020 theme for 12 Days of Crafts is ornaments. Ornaments will include salt dough creations, book page wreaths, yarn hats, and so much more. Grab ‘n go kits for the first six ornaments will be released on December 7 and the final six ornament kits will be released on December 14. Kits are free for all ages and will be available through curbside pickup.
Quantities are limited, so be sure to reserve one by calling the library to schedule a pickup. Kits will be released to other crafters if they are not picked up during the scheduled time slot.